The Bear Freehouse is a wholly owned subsidiary of Le Bistrot Pierre Limited (“We”, “us”, “our”) and we take your privacy very seriously and we will comply with the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and any other applicable data protection legislation when processing your personal data.
If you hear from us, we will always aim to be respectful, and be contacting you about something relevant and appropriate to your stated interest in us. If at any time you don't feel we've lived up to that philosophy, please let us know by getting in touch with us.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Le Bistrot Pierre Limited of Milton Chambers, 19 Milton Street, Nottingham, NG1 3EU.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following data about you when you fill in forms on any of our Sites, make reservations with us on our Sites, provide feedback on our Sites, ,subscribe to any of our services (including making a reservation online), search for a service, enter a competition promotion or survey (either on our Sites or in store), redeem an offer or promotion, where you report a problem with, our services or any of our Sites, or where you sign up to receive emails from us and/or updates about the development of The Crescent Inn or about upcoming events. The information you give us may include:
- First Name
- Full address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
Sometimes, we may also need to ask you for further details but will always have a reason for doing so, for example to make sure you're eligible for our offers.
Will we use your information for marketing?
We may use your information to provide you with information about goods, services, updates, events, offers or promotions that we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods, services, updates, events, offers or promotions similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
How else will we use your information?
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To administer our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To send you specific information, if you’ve requested it or to carry out your other specific requests.
- To carry out surveys occasionally and to analyse our user base. Ultimately we want to ensure that we provide everything that you want from us.
- To comply with the law.
- As we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.
- To ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service which may be available, when you choose to do so.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of any of our Sites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We won’t keep hold of your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
We may combine information that we receive about you from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Will we share your information with anyone else?
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Sites.
- Mailing companies for the purposes of sending marketing communications to you.
- TXD for the purpose of hosting our information, including personal data.
- Third party providers of scanning services, for the purposes of scanning personal data that you provide us with on paper.
We may use your personal data in aggregated and anonymised form for the purposes of devising our marketing strategy.
We won't rent or sell our users’ details to any other organisation or individual for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Le Bistrot Pierre Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our end user licence agreement [LINK], reward scheme terms and conditions [LINK] and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Le Bistrot Pierre Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where will we store your personal data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
How will we make sure your personal data is secure?
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services, Sage Pay or Elevon (depending on whether you are purchasing a gift card from us or making a booking with our bed & breakfast, the Crescent Inn) will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
What are cookies?
Our site contains links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them may have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
How you can access your information?
You can request, at any time, access to the personal data we hold about you. You can write to us at the following address requesting access to your personal data.
Le Bistrot Pierre, Milton Chambers, 19 Milton Street, Nottingham, NG1 3EU
You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on your behalf is processing your personal data; what personal data we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal data; and details of any third party with whom your personal data has been shared. (We may charge a small admin fee (no more than £10) to meet out our costs for providing this information).
You can also request that we correct any personal data which we hold about you where it is inaccurate.
Sometimes you may be asked to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal data - that’s so we can prevent unauthorised access.
What other rights do you have?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by letting us know that you do not want your data to be processed at the time of collection or afterwards. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Marketing Department, Le Bistrot Pierre Limited, Milton Chambers, 19 Milton Street, Nottingham. NG1 3EU or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Policy Date: March 2016